Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Plague

Unfortunately there is a nasty virus that seems to be sweeping through our house.  Sore throat, achy, feverish symptoms that everyone is complaining of...everyone but me and I am praying it stays that way.  Right now I have an herbal chest rub in the crockpot that I will finish in time for bed tonight and hopefully it will help people get some sleep and relief from congestion.  It is menthol crystals and eucalyptus simmered in olive oil and when it is ready I will add in some beeswax to firm it up and put in tins.
 not looking too appealing right now, but it will be very effective!

 Decided to cook up some candied ginger too.  Time consuming but worth the time and effort.  Ginger is anti-microbial and a warming herb...soothing and incredibly tasty in so many ways!  Saved out some of the broth to make a tea later this evening!


Here is what the finished product looks like...mmmm!

While packing it into a jar I realized just how much sugar is left over.  I put that in the smaller jar to use for tea!   Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment