Sunday, January 8, 2012

Out with the old...time to make some new!

I love to decorate for the holidays!  It always looks very bare once the Christmas things are put away.  After finally getting all of that packed and stored, I need to get some wintry decor to add some cheer.  These are the current projects...

Completed a new snowflake hot pad and bought a plain white candle that I adorned with some glittery snowflake stickers.

These crocheted snowflakes are for a bunting for my fireplace mantle.  I got the pattern from Attic 24 and just used different sized hooks for varying sizes.

Poppy is helping to whip up some magnets.  

We received a set of magnets and pushpins for Christmas that we absolutely loved  (thank you Joy!) and decided to make some using a snowflake paper.  We are using scrapbook paper, different sizes of the glass pebbles and a glue stick to put them together.  Hot glue is used to attach a heavy magnet or thumbtack to the back.  These take minutes to make which is definitely my kind of project these days!


No comments:

Post a Comment