Sunday, August 19, 2012

Glass Blowing

While there are many crafts I love to do, I find that I am not the only one in my family who likes to experiment with knew skills.  My husband and daughter recently took a 3 day glass blowing class.  We scheduled it well in advance not realizing we were in for record heat here.  They were exhausted after spending 3 days in front of a huge furnace but loved every minute and came home with a bounty of beautiful things they had made!

My daughter likes to wear a bandana as a headband when playing sports so she requested a special one for the glass blowing adventure. I have an embroidery machine and was only to happy to make this one up!

An action shot!

Some of the bounty!
Filled a few of my bowls with shells.  I am originally from South Florida and love to have some of  the shells out to enjoy...great use of my new glassware.  While I did not take the glass blowing class myself, I enjoyed a lot of fringe benefits!
This vase is one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment