Monday, August 27, 2012

Hamish the Heedful

How did I come upon "heedful" as the description I was looking for?  Well, I was trying not to say cowardly, yellow-bellied or chicken so I went to Roget's to find a synonym for careful...so heedful it is!  

I have a little corgi named Hamish.  He is cautious about most things.  For example, if I get out the broom to sweep, he races down the hallway whining at every door for someone to give him sanctuary.  Any new arrangement of furniture and he is guaranteed to be out of sorts.  As a result, the new member of the family was met with suspicion!  It has taken me 2 days to get him anywhere near my spinning wheel!  I had to be on the floor with him and bribe him with a treat.  While I do not want him laying on it, I also do not want him to cower in terror every time it is in use!

When I tried to assure him his fears were unfounded, well...you can see his disbelief

Amazing the powers of persuasion contained in a bit of bacon


So, maybe this thing isn't the harbinger of doom after all...more bacon mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment