Thursday, August 16, 2012

Let's get Cosy!

I have a love of all things tea!  When I first arrived in England in 1986 as a young airman in the Air Force, one of my first big purchases was a car.  I went to a local bank off base and while waiting for my loan to process, I was offered a cup of tea.  When asked what I wanted in this tea I said a little sugar would be fine.  The man who was making this offer gasped and asked if I also wanted milk.  I said no thank you, just 2 lumps of sugar.  Shaking his head and mumbling, he walked away.  A minute later he was back with an intense expression to plead his case.  He wanted to make a deal with me.  He implored me to just try a taste of tea the way he prepared it and if I absolutely hated it he would make me another cup the way I requested (he must have felt like a missionary to the barbarian).  I was happy to give it a try and once I did there was no turning back.  That hot, sweet milky tea was one of the most wonderful things I had ever tasted.

This has become the number one prescription for all that ails me.  A slow start in the morning, a scratchy throat, just feeling down...I am going straight for that cup of tea.  Just the scent of it is soothing and it warms me in winter and cools me in summer...absolutely nothing like it.  There is never an inappropriate time for tea!


When tempted to participate in  a few craft fairs, I  decided to make things that are tea-related crafts.  I love to make tea cosies or cozies (depending on where you are from) and started with those and am continuing to branch out with lots of other additions to my theme.  
I was invited to participate in a local garden walk.  It was my first attempt and was great experience in how to set up a table and what I wanted to bring.  My husband was nice enough to make a sign for me (although I made the teapot letters).  He figured out the logistics of attaching the lattice to the table and of course he was there to get me all set up.  It was blistering hot and one thing I learned is that I will be doing indoor craft fairs from now on!  


No comments:

Post a Comment