Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Fruits


After several days of experimenting I was finally ready to do some serious spinning.  This is my first yarn!  I forgot to get a shot of it still on the bobbin.  I made a niddy noddy out of pvc pip (gotta love youtube!) and transferred my yarn from the spool onto the niddy noddy (the purpose of which is to make the yarn into a skein.)

After I gave it a quick soak in very hot water and hung it outside to dry, I realized it was a process I should have started earlier in the day.  I ended up bringing it in to hang inside overnight.
This morning it was dry and I twisted it into a skein.


To the right you have the fiiber I started with and to the left, my finished skein.  Don't look too closely...I feel like a very proud mama with a homely baby.  I will crochet with it today and see what I can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment