Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sweet Peas

I like to have a a shawl on hand at all times in case one is needed for a gift.  One of my favorite crocheted shawl patterns is the Sweet Peal Shawl.  I have made it many times out of many different types of yarn and am always pleased with it!  It is a triangular shawl with scallops that begins at the largest part of your shawl and narrows with each row.  No counting or complex pattern so it is something I can work on anywhere and not worry about distractions :)

This particular pattern can be found in a book called "The Stitch' N  B****" by Debbie Stoller.  Not my favorite title and I think there are women who might not buy it because of the title.  However, I can tell you that it has some patterns that I absolutely love!  I actually just covered the front of my book with contact paper and sent a copy to my mother as well...lol.

Anyway my mother recently decided she needed needed to make a light summer shawl and wanted to use this pattern.  It has been a while since I worked it up myself so I decided I should make one at the same time and we could compare notes...by phone.

Where my mother lives there is not a Hobby Lobby close by...gasp!  She is also not someone who has a computer or internet access so I sent her some of the Hobby Lobby brand "I Love This Cotton" in white with the sparkle.  I decided to make my shawl out of a brightly colored variegated yarn with sequins  I also found in HL.
 
Once I started this one, I just couldn't put it down.  I loved seeing the colors unfold!  I finished, blocked and my daughter promptly wore it to work...she loved it!

After completing this, and couldn't help but make another!  This one out of worsted weight yarn in a light green with flecks.  This is not a great picture...actually anything would look dull when having to follow that brightly colored yarn in the last shawl, but it really is a pretty color.  


No comments:

Post a Comment