Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Method to the Madness

Here is a look at one angle of my cottage workshop.  The large loom on the left was one we built recently to make a t-shirt rug.  Now when I say we...I mean the "royal we" which basically means I had the idea and my husband  carried it out.

 

I love going to Home Depot for the shopping portion but I seldom use anything in there for it's expected purpose.  Like when I wanted PVC pipe for a soap mold, or plywood to build a timeline or stump remover to make a smoke bomb...but I digress.  Back to the giant loom.  I cut loops from the body and sleeves of t-shirts and saved the remaining fabric to piece together 

 
This particular  loom is about 4 x 6 and between the positioning of the screws and the  shrinkage of the stretchy fabric, I end up with a rug that is about 3 x 5.

I love that it makes a soft cushy feeling rug.  Because of the size and time it takes to get the loops the right size, I tend to work on this a bit here and there...between other projects.  

No comments:

Post a Comment