Friday, August 8, 2014

Mashed Potato Bar

A while ago I came across the idea for a mashed potato bar while watching a wedding  program.  They put out a roaster full of mashed potatoes and trays of favorite toppings.  Margarita glasses were supplied so people could fix their potatoes but be able to walk around and talk and eat rather than having to juggle a plate or find a place to sit.  

I loved this concept and started collecting the brightly colored plastic margarita glasses for this purpose.  Last week we decided to give it a test run with our family.  I peeled a bag of potatoes and after making our favorite mashed potato recipe, I put them in the crockpot to keep warm.

I am a vegetarian so I chose mostly vegetable toppings and some veggie cheese, but the possibilities are endless.  You could invite a group and ask people to bring their favorite toppings.  Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment