Sunday, September 2, 2012

New Yarn Swift!

I desperately needed a yarn swift!  My husband jumped in to build me one!  He rolls his eyes and sighs loudly when it comes to all my crafting ventures, but his is an enabler and always steps up to help me build the tools of my obsession.
We found the instructions and a great youtube video here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNSEXRRxOzQ  
I got some action shots...here he is getting the legs glued on

hammering in the dowels

all assembled.  Of course there was a bit more work that went on in between!  We needed a white plastic hose coupler as used in the video and they were not so easy to find.  No luck at Home Depot, Lowes or even Walmart but we finally found it at Ace Hardware!

here it is undergoing the final test!

my first yarn ball  using the swift


No comments:

Post a Comment