Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

Sadly, my team (Denver) did NOT make it to the Super Bowl this year but I am still happy to go along with the food and festivities that are part of this day.  We were destined for a football party with friends until my husband turned up ill so we are sticking close to home for our super bowl celebration this year.  I have been working on snacks for our own game watching and to send along with my daughter to hers.  

 Ahhh, the football shaped cheese ball in a field of crackers.  I just chose my favorite recipe, covered it with finely chopped  pecans and molded it until I was satisfied that it somewhat resembled a football.  The lacing is swiss cheese cut into strips...I sort of pasted it on with a dab of cream cheese.

 I have had this little football crockpot for more years than I can count and it has been to many a party!  


 This year it has little sausages in barbecue sauce and is simmering as I type.

 Tried something new this year...some little treats made out of chocolate crispie cereal (no marshmallows involved) and the recipe can be found here:  http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bakers-one-bowl-chocolatey-52879.aspx?pf=true  I had originally planned to dye some coconut green so the footballs would look like they were sitting in a field of grass.  Lately I seem to be constantly running to the store for one thing and another, so when I discovered I was out of coconut, I improvised.  The m & m's will be gobbled by a mob of hungry teens and they do look quite festive!  I have a hard time just leavings things plain...always think they need a little something colorful...lol.

You can see the shape a little better with these unadorned footballs.  I quick and easy recipe that I will add to my favorites for next football season!  The lacing is made with white icing and you could easily add a team letter and colour as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment