Sunday, February 7, 2016

Three Creeks Farm

Many months ago  while travelling thru Tennessee visiting friends and family we stopped in  at Three Creeks Farm in Charlotte Tennessee.  I was in the market for a new spinning wheel and after much research was looking for a Kromski and really wanted to see and test one in person.  The  farm is listed on the Kromski website as a dealer and after making a call we were invited to stop by and meet all the farm animals and of course test some spinning wheels.


After following a winding road and wondering if we might be lost, we suddenly saw the sign!  As we drove up we were greeted by a lovely pack of dogs.  This furry welcome wagon was quite an assortment of friendly creatures.  When I opened my car door a giant head landed right in my lap. That head was attached to one of the biggest dogs I have ever seen and his whole body was wagging as he gave me his sweet slobbery welcome.  I haven't ever seen a mastiff that close up before but he was very gentle.

Upon exiting the car we were greeted by the lady of the farm, Beth,  and as she was speaking I realized that there was snorting coming from the surrounding  pack and right in the middle of it was a little pig.

We were taken on a tour to meet all of the animals then into the little workshop to talk about spinning wheels.  I ended up ordering a Kromski Minstrel and having it shipped home since we would be flying back and not able to carry it with us.

I am thankful to Beth for her graciousness in allowing us to come with very little notice and also her patience in talking with me about spinning.  She and her husband,who is a blacksmith, teach classes, do period re-enactments and demonstrations and also organize the Middle Tennessee Fiber Fair.  I wish I lived closer to benefit from the classes but am hoping to time my next trip so that I can attend the fiber fair!

This post is sadly lacking in pictures I wish I had taken more!
If you happen across my little blog and are interested you can find the website for Three Creeks Farm here:  http://www.3creeksfarm.com/    where you can find information on classes and workshops and farm tours.  They also have a facebook page that often has additional information.

More to come on the Kromski Minstrel!

No comments:

Post a Comment