Monday, March 9, 2015

Spinning Wheel Makeover

recently purchased an purchased an Ashford Country Spinner. 
The wood had not been sealed and so I headed to Home Depot to purchase some clear polyurethane...despite my husbands best efforts, that is not what I came home with.

I found a gorgeous stain whose shade was named Blue Hawaii.  After getting all the pieces painted, I couldn't resist a little artwork too.  Sadly, my drawing abilities have not progressed since kindergarten...but I had fun with this.  Definitely made it mine.  


I will admit to experiencing a great deal of anxiety about taking my wheel apart, but thankfully my husband is always willing to be my partner in crime when I come up with a harebrained scheme.  He helped me disassemble and meticulously label each part.  

This was a very time-consuming project mainly due to the length of time for the stain and sealer to dry.  I was relieved to get it put back to gather and in fine working order!!

1 comment: